Professional Codes, Peer Consultation, & Personal Character
Bring your ethics code and a difficult case involving ethical decision making! After reviews of definitions of professional ethics and models of ethical decision making, we will move into group peer consultation models and their benefits. Peer consultation is the hallmark of best practices and offers many advantages to mental health professionals in a variety of settings. We will strive to create a non-judgmental space for authentic dialogue and personal reflection. Virtue ethics, the ethics of character, emphasizes prudence – also known as clinical wisdom. We will examine aspects of virtue and clinical wisdom as we practice peer consultation.
- Participants will review their professional code of ethics (APA, ACA, AAMFT, NASW) with regard to the practice of consultation;
- Participants will learn models of peer consultation to improve care for clients and professional self-care;
- Participants will apply virtue ethics decision making with an actual case involving ethical dilemmas;
- Participants will increase their knowledge of prudence and clinical wisdom in everyday practice.
5 ETHICS CEU’s
Who, When & Where:
Dr. Ronee Griffith, Licensed Psychologist
- Saturday December 7, 2019
- Friday April 17, 2020
- Friday May 8, 2020
- Friday June 5, 2020
- Saturday June 26, 2020
Time: 9:30am – 4:00pm
125 East Trinity Place Suite 202 Decatur, GA 30030